Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sofrito Pork Loin

Sofrito pork loin w/ spanish rice and mixed vegetables.



This meal was less than my expectations were expecting. The pork itself was good, the rice was ok and the steamed veggies tasted like water. I'm not sure why profesionally prepared steamed vegetables always lose all their flavor and end up tasting like water but it pisses me off. I do not know the first thing about preparing vegetables (unless they are on a frozen pizza or inside of a chicken pot pie that I am about to put in the oven) but I'm pretty sure I could make them better than this. How hard can it be to make something warm and a little soft while still retaining its savory essence? I guess only the wizards at the local culinary institute know for sure, and they keep that secrect locked up tighter than Obama's real birth certificate.

Fun: 754.1
Aroma: 1,123.2
Tastiness: 1,425.3
Texture: 1,045.4

Summary: Pigs are delicious animals. I really do not need to to say much more than that, but alas, I will. There are many people and jews out there who for various reasons will not eat pork. Some say that pigs are filthy animals and live in their own filth, rappers say they won't eat pigs because pigs are cops, etc, etc. These are all ludacris ideas, I mean does it matter if an animal lives in its own poop for the entirety of its life? It still tastes good, and you are not eating its poo covered hide, you are eating its tasty interior which its hide was protecting from the doodoo. Or, If a pig could somehow freakishly straighten its posture and begin walking upright, and then put itself through highschool, get a diploma, get a part-time job and enroll in community college, graduate with an associates degree in criminal justice, enroll in and successfully complete police academy, and finally get a job as a police officer to protect and serve the public...I wouldn't want to eat him either! That pig should be considered a national treasure! Hell, I'd even vote for him for county sheriff if he were to run for the position. So I must digress, the rappers were right. I would not eat a pig if the pig was a cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment